[ Personal ]
[ Business ]
[ Surety Bonds ]
[ Reinsurance Services ]
[ Flood ]
[ Understanding Insurance Terms ]
Revitalized Home Program
If you own an older home
If you own an older home you probably have done some extensive renovation work to keep it in good condition. In recognition of your hard work, you may qualify for special savings on your homeowners insurance from National Grange Mutual Insurance Company.
If your older home has been renovated in the last 35 years and meets our general renovation criteria, you may qualify for a substantial discount on your homeowners insurance.
- Electrical Systems: Electrical systems must have been updated within the past 35 years and prove adequate for current usage.
- Plumbing Systems: The major components of your home's plumbing must have been replaced within the past 35 years.
- Chimneys: All chimneys must be properly lined and maintained.
- Heating and Cooling Systems: Both the heating and central air conditioning systems in your home must have been replaced within the past 25 years.
- Roof: Your roof must have been completely replaced with approved roof covering and flashing within the last 25 years.
All five of these criteria must be fully completed and certified for you to qualify.
Special Discounts Are Available
Our Revitalized Home Program provides some very special discounts as recognition of all the work that you have done on your older home to keep it up-to-date. The benefits are:
- Lower price than our standard homeowners rate.
- Additional discounts if a higher deductible is chosen.
- Additional discounts if you also place your personal auto insurance with NGM.
- Additional discounts for fire and burglary protection devices.
Our basic policy, at standard limits, automatically covers personal liability and medical payments; securities, accounts and deeds; money, notes and gold; theft of jewelry, silverware and guns. Rates, coverages, discounts and limits vary by state. Check with your agent for details.
Some general rules also apply in determining who is eligible for NGM's Revitalized Home Program. The guidelines may vary by state.
- Dwelling must be insured for a minimum of $75,000.
- Your home must be insured to 100% of its current replacement cost.
- The house must be located within 5 miles of the nearest responding fire department, be accessible year round, and be visible to a neighbor.
- Smoke detectors must be installed and properly maintained.